Saturday, June 11, 2011

Great Internet Guitar Lessons

I love music.  I love listening to it, talking about it, seeing it live, making music mixes, playing the jukebox at the local watering hole, and passing along cool songs or bands to people who haven't heard it before, I just love music.  Playing it?  Well, sort of.  I would firmly put my ranking at the beginner level, but I really do enjoy strumming on my guitar.  I've never had any formal lessons, and I am basically self taught from song books and tabs I found on the Internet.  A while back I was surfing YouTube looking for some guitar lessons.  And like much of the content on YouTube there were several options and a varying degree of usefulness.

There were quite a few that were pretty helpful, but there was one teacher that I seemed to return to most often. Justin Sandercoe at justinguitar.com (I found his lessons on YouTube, but his site has more comprehensive information about each lesson).  I don't think I am spilling the beans here or anything, the guy has achieved quite a bit of notice for his video lessons and website.  Justinguitar.com has hundreds of lessons for all levels and abilities.  And his content has had over 93 million views.  For my money he is quite simply the best guitar teacher on the Internet (did I mention the content is free to users?).  

He is affable, direct, and most importantly very, very knowledgeable.  He has a way of getting large amounts of information into short lessons without confusing the student.  His philosophy is to learn a little at a time and over time become a stronger guitar player.  And I can attest that it works.  My own playing has improved by leaps and bounds since I have started using his video lessons.  I hope to some day soon rise up the ranks from beginner to novice.  And with the help of Justin's lessons I think that I will be able to move far beyond that.

So if you have never picked up a guitar, or you want a tune up to take your skills to the next level, check it out.  Its never too late to try.  Let me know what you think...
Print Friendly and PDFPrintPrint Friendly and PDFPDF

No comments:

Post a Comment