Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Big Lebowski Party

A while back I was shocked to find that my friend had never seen The Big Lebowski.  It wasn't because I'm some nut who thinks that "Everyone should see The Big Lebowski!", but because the movie is exactly her sense of humor, it is filled with some of her favorite actors, and she loves the Coen brothers.  Plus, I'm the kind of nut who thinks that everyone should see The Big Lebowski. 

It is, in my opinion, the funniest movie of all time.  But the best part about it is that it gets funnier every time you see it.  The humor is so subtle and complex that many of the best jokes are missed upon a first, second, and even third viewing.  (But I digress, this is a party idea not a movie review.) 

Imagine my concern over the next few weeks when I found out that 2 different buddies girlfriends, my cousin's girlfriend, and another buddy's sister had never seen the movie!  "That's it!"  I'd thrown my fist down on the table, "...We're having a viewing party!"  And just like that, we were planning the next free night we all had to get together and watch The Big Lebowski.

The Big Lebowski is not so much a movie, as it is a lifestyle (just ask these people).  I would be remiss to have people over for a viewing and not go all out.  So here's how it went down: people came over (in costume of their favorite Lebowski character if they liked) for Caucasians early in the evening, a full menu of Lebowski themed nosh, and we started the movie around 8pm.  Party achievied!  Check out the menu below and I hope to have it linked to full recipes soon.  Give it a shot and let me know what you think (just like the movie, you might have to try this more than once)...

The Dude's Caucasian
Oat Sodas
Sarsaparilla

Quintana's Nachos
The Stranger's Sarsaparilla Pulled Pork Sammies
Bunny's Garden:
     Corvette Corn on the Cob
     Grilled Asparagus
     Oven Roasted Tomatoes
Lingonberry Quinoa Salad
Maude's Artisan Roasted Chicken
Pigsh'n Blankshitz
Walter's Coffee Cake (Store bought I have to admit)
Print Friendly and PDFPrintPrint Friendly and PDFPDF

1 comment: