Sunday, June 19, 2011

Corvette Corn on The Cob

Here is a twist on an old favorite.  I originally came up with it as a dish to represent Bunny Lebowski at my Big Lebowski party.  It was later brought to my attention the Bunny wasn't actually driving a Corvette, but I liked the name so I kept it.  There are a few different options when it comes to cooking: grilling, roasting, or my favorite under the coals of a camp fire.  But here is how I rev up this classic...

1 Ear of corn
2 Tbsp of Butter
1 Tbsp Honey
1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper

1)  Break the ear of corn in two pieces, measure out foil pieces large enough to wrap the corn
2)  Mix butter, honey and spices in microwave safe dish, microwave for 10-20 seconds, stir to combine
3)  Drizzle the melted butter over the corn till covered and wrap in foil
4)  Cook how ever you choose (NOT in the microwave), grilled or roasted (in the oven at 350 degrees) should take around 30 minutes

Open foil and enjoy (careful, its HOT).  Obviously this recipe is fairly scalable, the above procedure will make 2, but you will probably want more than that so plan on at least doubling.  This corn is just racy enough I'm sure Bunny would love it (even after She's seen Karl Hungus)...

(Extra points to whoever can tell me what car Bunny was driving...)
Print Friendly and PDFPrintPrint Friendly and PDFPDF

No comments:

Post a Comment