Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Whine List

Well I have to start somewhere and this mix goes back quite a few years (I think i made it in late 2004), but it is still one of may favorites I've made over the years.  It is The Whine List, named for the whiny tenor of most of the tracks.  Some of these tunes (like Arcade Fire's "Neighborhood #4", and Modest Mouse's "One Chance") have become quite popular since then, and others have yet to make it to the big time, but nonetheless I think its a real cool collection of tunes.  Let me know what you think....

(song- band- album)
  1. Front Page- The Redwalls- De Nova
  2. I'll Believe in Anything- Wolf Parade- Apologies to the Queen Mary
  3. The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah- Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
  4. Two-Headed Boy- Neutral Milk Hotel- In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
  5. Neighborhood #4 (7 Kettles)- The Arcade Fire- Funeral
  6. I'm Here- Climber- Climber EP
  7. Lull- Radiohead- Desk Top
  8. Falling Away With You- Muse- Absolution
  9. If You Could Save Yourself (You'd Save Us All)- Ween- Quebec
  10. One Chance- Modest Mouse- Good News for People Who Love Bad News
  11. Southern Anthem- Iron & Wine- The Creek Drank the Cradle
  12. Bad Days- The Flaming Lips- Clouds Taste Metallic
  13. What a Wonderful Man- My Morning Jacket- Z
  14. The Same Boy You've Always Known- The White Stripes- White Blood Cells
  15. Oh Comely- Neutral Milk Hotel- In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
Print Friendly and PDFPrintPrint Friendly and PDFPDF

No comments:

Post a Comment